Cincinnati Cintimatic Anilam Crusader M 5i25_7i77

More
29 Jan 2016 18:10 - 03 Feb 2016 22:12 #69246 by jtektool
The next problem I was having was getting my DoubleSight DS-90UT touchscreen display to operate. I borrowed some instructions from: DisplayLink GDM install . After I followed all the steps, I wasn't exactly sure which steps were crucial to get the touchscreen working. So I went back and redid them and found that it seems like only the following steps are absolutely necessary. It seems to me that you can get udev to autoconfig based on whether or not the USB display is connected, OR you can do a simple setup after installing the drivers and using xorg.conf. Here is the simple method that I used:
1. UPDATE USING THE UPDATE MANAGER!
2. Install udlfb module:
Warning: Spoiler!

3. Install DisplayLink Xserver:

4. Create a carefully crafted /etc/X11/xorg.conf

This seems to allow me to boot up with the USB monitor plugged or unplugged and the diplay going to the correct monitor depending on the case. Apparently this driver only allows one monitor at a time though. Sometimes changing "/dev/fb1" to "/dev/fb0" may be necessary. So far I haven't been able to install the "displaylink" driver instead of "fbdev", which would allow for two monitors connected simultaneously. This was completed using LinuxCNC 2.7 wheezy.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2016 22:12 by jtektool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2016 02:56 - 03 Feb 2016 03:01 #69478 by jtektool
So today I got the touchscreen up and running. I had to change the DPI to 75 in order for gscreen to entirely fit in my 1024x600 resolution. So for now I am happy, but it seems like the interface could use some tweaking to our needs, and my programming skills are mostly based off of what I can do in VIM, so obviously some studying is going to be required, but so far I have been able to copy gscreen.glade into a tester.glade and start testing. Does anyone have an easy way to add a jogspeed selector? It seems like the main thing I am missing now.

Last edit: 03 Feb 2016 03:01 by jtektool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds