Plasma/Router build

More
19 May 2015 08:16 #58845 by Jake
Plasma/Router build was created by Jake
Well I'm going to try to get it built this simmer.....I have some parts so I figured I would start the build thread

I scored some Pico systems gear on eBay

Pwm interface, spindle DAC, brake module, 3 servo amps.....

I'm going to get servos from automation technologies

Build a power supply, Need to design power supply still. Running 3 NEMA 34 servos @90vdc

I need to finish my design ideas for the table in inventor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2015 05:06 #58909 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Plasma/Router build
If this is your first build, here is some advice: steer clear of servo drives, provided you did not buy them yet. Plasma = a LOT of EMI noise + servo with encoders = lots of shielding and grounding problems.
If you do have them, pay more attention to shielding and grounding and all should be good.
Anyway, go for it no matter what or how, and report your progress here, we will gladly help.
Tom

More
21 May 2015 08:48 #58912 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Plasma/Router build
I already have the servo drives... I have the brushed Pico drives. Adding the brushed servos in to add some more noise. Thanks for the heads up I figured noise was going to be a challenge, I work with variable frequency drives and servos quite a bit. Throwing the noisy plasma in there will be a challenge. It will take me a while to get things going. I think I'm going to buy a few servos and power supply as soon as I can to prove the controls I bought as I'm getting them used. Then start gathering motion parts and frame materials. I still need to finish the design work on the table also.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds