Yaskawa Servo Selection

More
02 Feb 2016 14:56 #69448 by Tywash
I am attempting to retrofit a Dyna Myte 3000 lathe with:

Mesa 6i25/7i77
Bardac 1600i DC drive for the SEM MT34U48 on the spindle
Yaskawa SGDV Analog/Pulse Train Type drives for the axes and turret

My main worry is that I have bought the wrong servos to work with LinuxCNC. The ones I have purchased are all absolute encoders vs the incremental models. Is it possible to make these work well or am I better off getting the incremental setup.. If I need to provide more information I will be glad to do so. This has also made worry that I might be making other selection errors which is why I listed everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2016 15:02 #69452 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Yaskawa Servo Selection
It looks like CN1 pins 17-22 offer incremental encoder output for LinuxCNC to use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tywash

More
02 Feb 2016 15:22 #69456 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Yaskawa Servo Selection
Yes, on modern AC servos the encoder type does not matter since the encoder
signals only go to the drive (and the drive usually provides a simulated incremental
output to the controller)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tywash

More
02 Feb 2016 15:30 #69458 by Tywash
Replied by Tywash on topic Yaskawa Servo Selection
This is excellent news. Thanks to the both of you. I was really worried that I had chosen wrong after reading through some older posts.

More
02 Feb 2016 18:41 - 27 Feb 2016 00:50 #69465 by Iron-Man
Replied by Iron-Man on topic Yaskawa Servo Selection

I am attempting to retrofit a Dyna Myte 3000 lathe with:

Mesa 6i25/7i77
Bardac 1600i DC drive for the SEM MT34U48 on the spindle
Yaskawa SGDV Analog/Pulse Train Type drives for the axes and turret

My main worry is that I have bought the wrong servos to work with LinuxCNC. The ones I have purchased are all absolute encoders vs the incremental models. Is it possible to make these work well or am I better off getting the incremental setup.. If I need to provide more information I will be glad to do so. This has also made worry that I might be making other selection errors which is why I listed everything.

Tywash I am using a similar set-up. I am using SGDA 01AS in torque mode and a Mesa 6i25 / 7i77 combination. An AMD Gizmosphere plus a PCIE board that I designed, (iBOB2) runs the entire system using PathPilot.
Make sure that you program your servo drives correctly and set them for the correct motor type. A AMC DC servo amp drives the SEM spindle motor.

Iron-Man
Last edit: 27 Feb 2016 00:50 by Iron-Man. Reason: AMC not ANC.

More
23 Feb 2016 03:37 - 23 Feb 2016 03:38 #70503 by Duc
Replied by Duc on topic Yaskawa Servo Selection
I can also answer any questions you may have about the setup. Similar to Iron-man I have SGMJV-08A running off SDGV-05RA servo packs on single phase 220V.

The servopacks will take the absolute encoder data in and output a incremental signal instead provided you got the analog servopacks.

Mesa 5i25/7i77/7i84 setup
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 03:38 by Duc.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds