CNC Slant bed Boley BDN 160 lathe retrofit problem

More
03 May 2016 17:46 - 03 May 2016 21:22 #74189 by bidi
CNC slant bed lathe - Boley BDN 160 to LinixCNC conversion - live tool problem

Dear LinuxCNC Forum Users
Last year I bought used machine with Sinumerik 3T/3M system.
It was some problems with this system, to many failures and I decided to convert it to LinuxCNC.

I am asking for help - with some hal code for live tool turret.
This is Sauter 12 position turret with all driven stations. Model 0.5.480.316 (german documentation to turret in link below, electronic diagrams in Englis/Deutsch)
Does anyone have some sample of Hal code for linuxcnc with
programing of such Turret and live tools to be working properly.

I have found some clever buddy which help me with conversion, but problems has occured.
He is able to set up
Axis X and Z, engine, servos, encoders, but has some problems with programming live tools (driven tools)
C-Axis (some sources use this name) to be working properly. Second problem is to change turret tool position
(from posiotion No1 for instance to No2, or No5 and reverse)

Here there are all technical documentation I have to Boley BDN 160 slant bed lathe:

www.dropbox.com/sh/fd5noeqewtdl60y/AABdH...ym7hw1nAkssX3qa?dl=0

Please for help
Best regards
Marek Idzkowski
Poland
Last edit: 03 May 2016 21:22 by andypugh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2016 20:37 - 03 May 2016 21:22 #74197 by andypugh

Axis X and Z, engine, servos, encoders, but has some problems with programming live tools (driven tools)
C-Axis (some sources use this name) to be working properly.

Do the live tools index like an axis, or simply rotate? If it is simple rotation then you may be able to use G-code analogue outputs ( M68 ) to set the live-tool speed.
What G-codes does the original controller use to control the live tooling?

Second problem is to change turret tool position

Depending on the way the mechanism works there are a few ways to do this. (for some reason the URL you linked to has become garbled, perhaps you copied the shortened version out of a different posting?)
You might find that the configuration used for the milling machine toolchanger in the sim->axis->vismach-VMC_toolchange sample config is close to what you need.
Last edit: 03 May 2016 21:22 by andypugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bidi

More
03 May 2016 21:34 #74202 by andypugh
I have looked at the manual for the toolchanger and I am not much wiser as to how it operates, indexes and locks.
It looks like the motor drives through a planetary reduction and has a brake, but I imagine there there is also some form of mechanical indexing too.
The encoder manual describes a 9-track absolute encoder. The "carousel" HAL component knows how to operate those.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds