Missing GCode program

More
25 Apr 2019 19:28 #131877 by Kelligirl921
Hello,
We recently got a Sherline 4400. We took it in for repair and creation of a program that will allow us to turn duck calls. After producing some calls, the program started to do its own thing. I started over from start to finish but the problem persisted. I shut down the computer and all but when I turned it back on , the program for our calls was gone. I searched all thru the computer but cannot find it. I know we didn't delete it. If i go into the recently used files, I see it there but when I choose it, it says file not found. Any help or suggestions on where to try and find help, would be so helpful. In the meantime our calls are produced individually by hand.

Thank you
Kelli
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2019 20:28 - 25 Apr 2019 20:30 #131882 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Missing GCode program
Usually that is a symptom of a failing hard drive or corrupted memory module, rarely it is a consequence of a failing power supply and it's ability to filter the output power.
Proceed with caution if you do not already have that file saved.
Use "testdisk" or "photorec" to try to recover the deleted file, they can be installed from the terminal or from synaptic.
Please do read a bit on how to use them, as any mishap can leave you without a working computer.
Do not be put off by all this, they are very simple pieces of software and easy to use, just avoid clicking ( or ENTER ) without being certain.

Almost forgot, damn those look nice!
Last edit: 25 Apr 2019 20:30 by tommylight. Reason: add

More
25 Apr 2019 21:59 #131896 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Missing GCode program
How did you get the programme on to the machine? Do you still have the email?

My special Moderator powers tell me that you are a gmail user, so if the G-code was emailed to you it is probably still archived in Gmail.

If it was by USB stick, do you still have the USB?

More
28 May 2019 15:06 #135173 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Missing GCode program
One other idea. Open a terminal and try:

sudo find / --name duckcall.ngc

If the file exists anywhere on the PC then that wil find it.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds