Hydraulic Tube Bender - Manual to CNC Conversion

More
15 Jul 2019 16:18 #139458 by JimPanski
Hi Folks,

after this Thread here in the forum, i am beginning a new one for my planned upgrade of my manual machine.
In the moment the machine is equipped with a very old AEG A020 control unit where 32I and 14O are needed. The actual ladder programm i already have on a linuxcnc test machine (equipped with debian 9 64bit rtpreemt), so the basic functions are here.
The hydraulic system works with 2 port valves only.
For the bending axis there is only feedback with a geared pot on the machine. I want to change this to a TTL encoder when using linuxcnc. Problem is: how can i have this axis moving using a incremental encoder and output the signal to the only on or off 2port valve? Next is that i have to switch my outputs, when the axis switches from rapid to creep movement (because the cylinder for the bending movement have a size 10 and a size 6 valve mounted parallel)
If needed i can upload files like hydraulic plans or the ladder program.

the other question is for the bending table. can anyone help me with including the bending table to my qtpyvcp panel, so i can use this like in the thread mentioned before?

thanks in advance!
Conny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2019 16:34 #139460 by BigJohnT
First thoughts off the top of my head is to treat it as a angular axis. Depending on how you create the G code you can use digital outputs to control your valves.

If you have a photo of the machine it would be interesting to see.

JT

More
15 Jul 2019 20:18 #139502 by JimPanski
Hi BigJohnT,

i will take photos an attach it here. Its a Schwarze Robitec WE 80D (good images are hard to find atm)
I think in this thread i mentioned andypugh did this in his touchy example he attached.
How the gcode is created i am not sure about it at this time. Right now i am trying to get a feeling for the qt designer to test my panel (and there also the existing ladder logic)

More
16 Jul 2019 00:57 #139525 by cmorley
Are you using Qtvcp or PyQtvcp?

Chris

More
16 Jul 2019 07:51 #139545 by JimPanski
Hi Chris,

i am going with pyqtvcp (with the instructions from qtpyvcp.kcjengr.com)

More
17 Jul 2019 23:36 #139743 by BigJohnT
You might want to take a look at my tutorial on building GUI's with QtPyVCP if you havn't already.

JT

More
18 Jul 2019 19:58 #139832 by JimPanski
Hi John,

yes, as you can read in my last post i am very happy to have this as a starting point.
But at the moment i still have no clue how i can attach such a bending table to work with gcode (like andy did in the other thread).

More
19 Jul 2019 16:40 #139901 by BigJohnT
A photo of the machine might help us make suggestions.

JT

More
19 Jul 2019 19:34 - 19 Jul 2019 19:38 #139917 by JimPanski
i will take some photos of my actual machine asap.
for the moment here are good big pictures of a machine a bit bigger:
unimachines.hu/tüske-bender-schwarze-wir...t870-1975-18896.html
or here you can see a WE80 (already CNC, but also Multi Radius and Triple Stack) one:
www.neve-group.com/wp-content/uploads/20...R-triple-stack-1.jpg
Last edit: 19 Jul 2019 19:38 by JimPanski.

More
19 Jul 2019 22:28 - 19 Jul 2019 22:30 #139932 by BigJohnT
So it's a mandrel tube bender? That could be interesting, I had to read back to your first post and it has a control system now so what kind of sensors (encoder etc) is it using to sense the positions?

JT
Last edit: 19 Jul 2019 22:30 by BigJohnT.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds