Getting Yaskawa SGMP/SGDB servos running in preparation for router retrofit

More
14 Aug 2019 12:19 #142111 by SPH
I've been chatting in the general questions section regarding my imminent Biesse rover rebuild. I'm just waiting on Mesa to get the 7i84's back in stock and then I'll have hardware on the way, 5i25+7i77 and a 7i84.
In the meantime I'm trying to get one of the Yaskawa servos setup and tuned stand alone so I can use that as a test motor/drive when the Mesa gear arrives. The machine isn't at my place and it'll go much smother if I can get my head around the controller to servo interface at home.
They're 220v three phase drives but I've read around and found they can be wired single phase and that's what I've done. I've removed the drive from the tool changer and got it setup at home. I installed the drive and motor back into the machine today on three phase just to be sure it wasn't a single phase power issue and had the exact same problems, as described below so the drives look to be happy on single phase.
Now, full disclosure, I've kind of shot myself in the foot with this drive as I've messed with the drive presets trying to get the servo to jog (which it wouldn't as it came installed). I can now get it to jog but all is not as it should be.
Limit over travel is dissabled using the data bits just to get around the wiring for now. Same with servo on.
If I set the jog speed to 100rpm I can jog the motor using the digital operator but much higher than that gives an error. At low jog speeds if I try and put any load on the shaft it kicks into this odd buzzing state. Still jogs forwards and back but keeps up this loud buzzing, juddering thing and throws an error after about 5 seconds. Taking the motor out of jog mode via the DO stops it and then all is well again next time.
If I try and run the autotune function it errors out after the first few movements of the shaft, I assume it's the same issue that causes problems with higher speed jogging.
So, if there are any Yaskawa experts here I'd love some help (willing to take the slap around the head that goes with messing with things I should have left alone untill I knew what I was doing) to get this drive back to some kind of base line.
I've had trouble finding a reference in any of the manuals that tell me exactly what kind of motor I have. I get close with the letter/number codes but not an exact match. It may be a specific motor for Biesse but I don't know. It's a 200w three phase servo, that's for sure.

Servo is a SGMP-02V3YG11
200w, 200v, 2A. 3000rpm

Drive is SGDB-02VN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2019 20:16 #142155 by andypugh
Just an observation: Tuning a bare motor is often difficult, just because the inertia is so low and hence the resonant frequency so high.
If you have a big pulley that you can mount, even that might help a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SPH

More
14 Aug 2019 21:58 #142166 by SPH
Yeah. I’ll pick up the rest of the tool changer and reinstall the motor.

That should have been the first thing I tried.

Doh.

More
15 Aug 2019 00:08 #142174 by SPH
Grabbed the tool changer gearbox and bolted it up. It jogs happily now but still throws and A.d0 error when autotuning. An error which isn't listed in the manual, conveniently.
For a 500 page manual it sure is crap.

More
15 Aug 2019 16:46 #142253 by andypugh
Hard to know what to suggest at that point. :-/

Google found the error:

A.d0
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
Position Error Pulse Overflow
Position error pulse exceeded parameter (Pn505).

Using the search term
Yaskawa "A.d0"

More
15 Aug 2019 19:10 #142273 by Todd Zuercher

Hard to know what to suggest at that point. :-/

Google found the error:

A.d0
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
Position Error Pulse Overflow
Position error pulse exceeded parameter (Pn505).

Using the search term
Yaskawa "A.d0"

Which sounds like an encoder error. Check your encoder cabling/plugs.

More
15 Aug 2019 19:18 #142274 by andypugh
I wonder if it is saying that the following error limits are too smalll?

More
17 Aug 2019 10:30 #142378 by SPH
Is there following error in the drive? I don't know enough about servos to comment.
I've been chipping away at it but still can't get the autotune to run.
The manual has a few variations from what I'm seeing in the actual drive.
I don't even know if that really matters, it might work acceptably when connected to the mesa gear as is. I won't be messing with the other drives before they're all connected up, that's for sure.

I also can't find the drive using SigmaWin+ which would speed things up a heap.
I installed windows 10 on the LCNC pc (different hdd) and installed sigma win but had no luck. I'm not 100% my serial cable is right.
If anyone has a known good cable, I'd really appreciate a pin diagram.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds