I need replacement suggestions for a APM HT23-401 stepper motor

More
14 Sep 2019 23:04 #145183 by Roland2161
Good evening all,

My question tonight is in concern to the above mentioned stepper drive. I need to replace my Z and X axis motors with something that accelerates faster and is more accurate. The limitation I am hitting, is when I am turning at a high surface speed (2400 rpm+ .003"/rev) there seems to be a slight pause between direction changes from what appears to be a lack of acceleration. I have the acceleration turned up as high as possible without missing steps, and it seems to just not be enough. The slight pause is causing irregularities in my finish, when it should be smooth. I see a small line or tool mark everywhere it pauses.

I found something that I want that I believe to be more accurate and faster, but the size is to big i believe. The machine is a SBL Magnaturn 612 as seen in the above video.

possible replacement?
www.ebay.com/itm/Leadshine-130W-DC-Brush...e:g:6-0AAOSw1UFdZjMN This has the encoder i believe that accepts stepper inputs so I don't have to change to much.

Something like this but more compatible with the size of the HT23-401 www.applied-motion.com/products/stepper-motors/ht23-401

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2019 07:22 #145375 by pl7i92
hi why dont you upgrate to a HSS86 and a 8Nm stepper
this will be the best option also nice price at 150USD Both

More
19 Sep 2019 13:28 #145586 by Roland2161

hi why dont you upgrate to a HSS86 and a 8Nm stepper
this will be the best option also nice price at 150USD Both

Are these a feedback system? Im looking for more accuracy as well as a better system. Wilk these accomplish that?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds