NUM MDLU servo controller - Disk NT Bus - Huber & Grimme HG2000

More
25 Jun 2020 12:09 #172713 by DictiusTeNecare
Hello,

my Name is Carl, I'm from Germany and I want to retrofit an Huber & Grimme HG2000 5 axis portal milling machine with Linux CNC.
My problem with the original NUM 1050 cnc control is, that it doesn't support RTCP features.

The 5 original NUM MDLU servo controllers are connected to the cnc control system via a bus system (NUM Disk-NT).
Does someone of you has experience with how I can control them with Linuxcnc?

Many greetings to all,
Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2020 12:16 #172715 by tommylight
Nope, but if you get us some close up pictures of the drives and/or the schematics, that would make things much easier.

More
25 Jun 2020 19:10 #172746 by Todd Zuercher
The machine we have with a NUM control uses Yasakawa servos with conventional analog signals. A quick look at the manuals I have confirms the MDLU drives are digitally controlled using some sort of serial connection, but any other details are very scarce. If you have manuals specific to the MDLU drives you may be able to look if they have the option of using more conventional command inputs, but I'm afraid you might be out of luck. (looks like the servo parameters might be closely tied into the control's parameter memory and other such difficulties.)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds