Mesa 7I96 + Renishaw LP2 probe

More
21 Jan 2021 20:46 #196145 by chimeno
Hello @andypugh,

I've been waiting to spend time with it for a long time, it seems easy, I'll try to try it, thank you very much.

Greeting
Chimeno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2021 23:55 #196296 by andypugh
chimeno: For My MP3 I made a shorter arbor (still with the 4 screws and spherical pivot to enable centering) and made a home-made magsafe connector (in case I turned on the spindle with the probe mounted) mounted in a hole drilled in the probe body.
photos.app.goo.gl/tL8dAwzymdTwt8Bx9
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno

More
24 Jan 2021 09:52 #196388 by chimeno
Hello @andypuig,
you are really good, thanks for the help you offer in the forum.

Greeting
Chimeno
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
28 Jan 2021 15:53 - 28 Jan 2021 15:54 #196956 by BastianMC
Ok guys the results are in.

It turns out that i actually have an attachement to my LP2 probe that does the job of the MI8 unit, so that was a redundant purchase.
The unit i have after my probe is called FS1i or FS2i socket.

I got the probe working sending a signal to the Mesa board, the trick was to wore the red wire to 24vdc, the blue wire to 0 and the yellow and green wires are contact wires.
I wired the yellow wire to the Mesa board and the green wire to 0vdc. Sucess the board now has a signal on input pin and the diode is activated one the probe is pressed.

Now i just have to figure out how to change my toolprobe input in my .hal file to make the pressing of the probe register during my toolprobing rutine. The signal goes through the software on pin 9 and registers, but the tool change rutine doesn't react top the probing.

Im using this tool change rutine if anybody can help?

forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...fEUjqsZnzBqyus#48235
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Jan 2021 15:54 by BastianMC.

More
29 Jan 2021 07:56 #197039 by BastianMC
Ok news again, I got the probing to work and it seems fine expect for after a tool change.
I only had to opportunity to do a short test run last night but it throws this error (see attached picture) as soon as the probing is done after the 2nd probing has been done (after tool has been changed).

See attached picture.
I don't know why, the Gcode is asking for position Z15 but I don't see why that should be out of machine limits?

More
29 Jan 2021 23:50 #197101 by andypugh
No attached picture, but check the tool table for an existing Z offset that is too large.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BastianMC

More
30 Jan 2021 09:46 #197127 by BastianMC
Again thank you andy for your contribution to this comminity and topic.
I read up some more and realised that what i needed to du was remove the G43 line from my Gcode cutting files, after this the offset works!

I guess sometimes the answer is simpler than you think:)

More
30 Jan 2021 13:46 #197158 by andypugh

what i needed to du was remove the G43 line from my Gcode cutting files,

Alternatively (and possibly safer) you can use the probe to set the tool length rather than the axis position, and keep the G43.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BastianMC

More
04 Feb 2021 16:44 #197660 by BastianMC
Andy, how would i do that?
Also i have been milling a few items now and the toolchange rutine is not reliable.
I have tried more than once now that the offset was not set correct after a toolchange even though i started with an M600 before running the program.

I have noticed that the software adds z lengths in the tool.tbl file is this something that could cause this type of issues?

More
04 Feb 2021 17:07 - 04 Feb 2021 17:07 #197662 by andypugh

Andy, how would i do that?

Like you do it now, but different.

Really, I can't say, without some clue as to what you are using now.

If you are using G10 L2 then use G10 L1 instead. Or G10 L10, depending on exactly what you want to do.

I have noticed that the software adds z lengths in the tool.tbl file is this something that could cause this type of issues?

Which software?
Last edit: 04 Feb 2021 17:07 by andypugh.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds