Bought used ShopBot with EMC2 - worked prior moving it...now not so much

More
23 Nov 2021 21:34 #227435 by foreverwest
Hi all. I bought a 48x96 ShopBot at auction that had been converted to run EMC2. The guy left it setup and plugged in and saw it running and was able to use the keyboard to jog and I didn't give too much thought to what questions to ask or anything as I had used a ShopBot a few dozen times with the software they developed...well... after taking it apart enough to move it and re-assembling, I have no idea what to do. I've turned it on, opened EMC2 but the e-Stop remains on. I tried F1 then F2 but most of the buttons remain greyed out. I have tried looking through this forum and frankly, I don't understand anything. Can anyone maybe tell me where to start? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2021 22:57 #227444 by tommylight
Start by providing lots of pictures of the electronics and wiring, switches, motors, etc.
In the meantime, check the connectors, make sure they are seated properly.
REMOVE power when checking connectors.

More
23 Nov 2021 23:09 #227450 by andypugh

I've turned it on, opened EMC2 but the e-Stop remains on. I tried F1 then F2 but most of the buttons remain greyed out. 

It sounds like something in the estop loop is open. (Could be hardware or software) 

Start in the HAL file and see what is connected to the pin "iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in"

You can try exploring with halshow on the live system, which might be more informative. 

More
24 Nov 2021 21:00 #227530 by Todd Zuercher
Definitely sounds like a wiring issue pertaining to the E-stop. Maybe you swapped some plugs or wire connections wrong. If the machine has a mechanical e-stop button, make sure it is pulled out (many you have to twist to release). Or if it has an e-stop cable, those usually have a reset button that must be pressed or pulled out and the cable tension must be properly adjusted (and is usually easily pulled out of adjustment when moving the machine.)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds