mini metal router control options

More
31 Jan 2022 06:32 #233608 by ihavenofish
Sooo, I got me some cheap servos (jmc ihsv57) and a cheap control (ddcs v3.1) and after mucking around, not really pleased. The control doesn't do constant velocity and is limited in other ways, and the servos don't tune well for a high acceleration machine with no jerk control (1000 line encoders and very basic pid settings).

So, back to linuxcnc I think. My mesa 7i76 card got drowned in a flood and I don't trust it.

What's should I be buying as a replacement. I see the 7i76e ethernet version, the 7i96 with less IO, and then the 7i95, which has encoder input. Is there a reason to choose one over the other besides the obvious IO/encoder differences?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2022 08:35 - 31 Jan 2022 08:36 #233614 by ALittleOffTheRails
If there's no corrosion and the board hasn't been powered on when wet there is a good chance it could be ok.
If you can get access to an ultrasonic cleaner give it whirl in that. Worst case you may have to do a reflow. Some liquid flux, a hot iron with a chisel tip (not a conical tip, chisel gives better control) and solder is all you need. Capillary action will wick any solder bridges if you hold the iron right at the very end of the leads where they meet the pad.
When I used to repair EFTPOS terminals that was what how I reflowed and replaced chips. No fancy ovens nor air guns. Even replacing the major ASIC was no issue.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2022 08:36 by ALittleOffTheRails.

More
31 Jan 2022 16:56 #233649 by ihavenofish
thanks, but its dead. orange with some form of rust.
my decision got easier though cause the 7i96 isnt is stock...

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds