2.2kW VFD over current problem

More
13 Feb 2022 19:10 #234723 by EragonPower

Hello everybody,
Yesterday my new spindle arrived. It's a 2.2kW ER20 square spindle from VEVOR. I've connected it right away and i've started having issues right away. I'm powering the spindle with a generic HY spindle(A2-8022, 2.2kW) with whom i've powered bigger motors in the past without any problems. I've started the VFD and send the command to start rotation with my 7i76e, the spindle started rotating right away, but, as soon as i've reached the 6Hz mark the VFD freaked out and thrown an error, ERROR OC -u; Accelleration Overcurrency to be precise. The manual says that that error happens when the accelleration time is too low, so i've increased the accelleration time to it's max (650s) and tried again. Nothing changed, so i've started taking some measurements. 7.5A per phase measured both at the spindle and the VFD, roughly 3V AC of output from the VFD at 6Hz, 215V at 50Hz, 1.5 Ohm Between UV-VW-WU. I'm not really sure if any of those values mean something. I'm thinking that is probably the VFD that is faulty but again, i've used that same VFD on other motors and run just fine. I'm not sure on how to proceed, if any of you have a vage idea i'm more than happy to listen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2022 19:18 #234726 by db1981
did you set the frequencies in the drive to the matching ones for the spindle? if this is an 300 or 400hz spindle, sending full voltage lower then the nominal frequenz could damage the windings.

Is this an hf spindel? Don't try to start with 0hz or use to long accelerations times. The current at lower rpms will get to high.

More
13 Feb 2022 19:35 #234730 by EragonPower
The spindle is rated for 400Hz at 230V AC, so i think it's an HF spindle. at which frequency should i start?

More
13 Feb 2022 20:00 #234734 by Todd Zuercher
The most important thing is to set the frequency and voltage parameters in the drive. So that the drive will properly reduce the voltage at low frequencies to prevent over current. It is unfortunate that these cheap Chinese drives and spindles are usually sold together without being configured for each other or at least a list of the proper settings.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds