Where to find manuals for old Gamfior spindles / Jobs Jomach 32

More
05 Oct 2022 18:55 #253558 by Zebra-1
I picked up an old Gamfior E13795M spindle with a machine I'm retro-fitting but I can't find any of the info I'd need to set it up. It (and Gamfior) apparently pre-date the internet... 

The only data I can find is that it's a 16,000 rpm HSK 63A and was likely installed on a Jobs Jomach 32 originally (in the late 1990's).

To see if I can use it I need to find the motor size, voltage, frequency and wiring diagrams for it's various sensors, encoder and power drawbar. plus whatever I need for it's cooling system.

Does anyone here have or know where I can find user or service manuals for hardware this old? 

If I can't figure out the built- in motor I'd like to use it with an external motor but, is there any way to tell if a drawbar mechanism is hydraulic or pneumatic by sight alone? 

Aside from the rpm the only other info on the spindle's outer shell is NG 0394 R engraved on one side and M16142 F09-1 under the model number. these mean nothing to me and Google has nothing. 

This is the only pic of the Gamfior E13795M (out of it's cast iron casing) I could find anywhere on the internet

www.ibag.fr/jobs.html

it's at the bottom.   

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2022 19:41 #253569 by Zebra-1
These are some pics of my one with the top of the case taken off. I think the top might have the drawbar actuator because it has springs and what looks like an air port but  I'm not sure. It doesn't look like the pneumatic cylinders I have seen on other power drawbars. 

More
07 Oct 2022 09:34 - 07 Oct 2022 09:43 #253663 by tommylight
Last edit: 07 Oct 2022 09:43 by tommylight. Reason: my bad

More
07 Oct 2022 09:42 #253664 by tommylight
Nevermind, found out why i saw this twice.
All is good, thank you.
Editing the above post

More
10 Oct 2022 19:45 #253909 by Todd Zuercher
SKF bought out Gamfior, and Gilman, combinded the lines then shutdown spindle production not long after that. (around 2005.)

So SKF and Gilman are a couple more names you can try to search for information on.

There are lots of spindle re-builders who will still rebuild these spindles. They generally were good quality and usually worth fixing.

We've had to have a few large SKF wood router spindles rebuilt and it wasn't a problem (We used PDS.)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds