Perske Spindle replacement for ATC

More
23 Oct 2023 16:01 #283611 by SkyMoCo
I have a CNC Router running LinuxCNC and was thinking of replacing my Perske spindle with a Chinese one that supports a BT30 holder.   The main point is that I do a lot of detail work with frequent tool changes and right now I need to set the tool height each time and that's a pain.   I don't need the horsepower as I mostly use 1/8 bits at high speed.

I was thinking something like "3KW BT30 Spindle ATC Water Cooled Motor+inverter VFD+tool holder for CNC Machine" off EBay.   I've setup linuxcnc with a different chinese spindle and it wasn't all that hard to automate speed control.   It's not a BT30 but it's similar.  Anybody with experience with these?   I have a water cooled spindle on my other machine and I like how quiet it is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2023 23:11 #283644 by andypugh
An alternative might be to set up automatic tool length measurement.

Or, I have also seen solid collets, which keep the tool length consistent between changes.

Though there are other advantages to BT30, I am not saying that it is a bad idea.

More
27 Oct 2023 08:19 #283897 by rodw
BT30 sounds huge for 1/8" bits. What about ISO 20 or one of the alternatve mini ATC tool systems?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds