anyone used apt360?

More
01 Aug 2021 00:42 #216550 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic anyone used apt360?

PS: Welcome to Linuxcnc

Oh, Stustev might be new to the forum, but he is far from new to LinuxCNC.

He was one of the first to run proper industrial machines with LinuxCNC, including some absolutely monster Cincinnati 5-axis beasts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2021 20:52 #216940 by jamby
Replied by jamby on topic anyone used apt360?
Stustev
Looks like I was wrong (again) I hunted down a emc5ax postp file for apt360 and it does produce 5axis moves.

Jim

More
22 Apr 2023 17:19 #269617 by kf2qd
Replied by kf2qd on topic anyone used apt360?
I use dAPT many moons ago, first time a\in 1978, and then a few years later in the early 90's. I have been working on a Post Processor and have one functioning tha will produce good code in the XY plane only, and have created code for the Post that will produce working code for several machines that I work with, waterjet with Burny 10, KX3 mill with Mach3 and a couple Milltronics mills.

This is just a poke to see if anyone is still interested in APT. Would like to get to where I can compile APTOS and then work on the user interface a bit.

My post works under windows, I am thinking about converting it from VB6 to C and exercise my C & C++ programming skills...

More
23 Apr 2023 13:01 #269681 by andypugh
Is this something that converts APT to G-code?

That seems like the wrong approach, what would be better would be an APT interpreted for LinuxCNC (ie, straight from APT to LinuxCNC canonical motion commands)

More
23 Apr 2023 13:02 #269682 by andypugh

That seems like the wrong approach, what would be better would be an APT interpreted for LinuxCNC (ie, straight from APT to LinuxCNC canonical motion commands)

(To be clear, I would probably never use this myself, don't see this as a statement of interest) 

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds