gcnccam

More
18 Jun 2010 23:10 #3170 by analogsoul
gcnccam was created by analogsoul
Hello there,

I'm want to use gcnccam to generate gcode for emc from dxfs. I'm running 0-4-4-1 on Ubuntu 8.4. Unfortantely, gcnccam won't display my drawings when I load them. I keep messing about defining layers and tools, but with no luck. Does anyone know what's wrong? Is there a better gcode generator to use with Ubuntu 8.4? I'd really appreciate some advice!

Many thanks,

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2010 14:42 #3174 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:gcnccam
Give DXF2Gcode a try.

John

More
20 Jun 2010 07:39 #3182 by analogsoul
Replied by analogsoul on topic Re:gcnccam
Thanks! Works fine.

Richard

More
28 Sep 2010 21:16 #4402 by 2e0poz
Replied by 2e0poz on topic Re:gcnccam
Guys

Are there any updates on GcncCam? I am now back cutting again after a while away so as you can imagine just getting back to drawing. I had the problem with the drawing displaying first time round and quickly discovered the tools and properties needed to be correct first. looking at their site and the dates all looks like it has been abandoned? has the project all finished? It's a same if it has as most of the drawings i do are mostly simple 2D and Heeks cad just means another piece of software to learn. Any ideas?

More
04 Oct 2010 22:00 #4516 by 2e0poz
Ok found out what the issue is with this one. I found out that if you do not have 'relative zero' set in your drawing the GCNCCAM will not display the drawing. Also if this set too far away from the actual drawing then it does not display either. Hope this helps others as it foxed me for days.

More
28 Oct 2010 19:57 #4947 by 2e0poz
Another to note here is that you need to save your template, close it the re-open with your new template and then you can open your drawing.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds