Fusion360 post for Linuxcnc plasma table.

More
02 May 2017 02:00 #92488 by Mccartymachine1
I just finished a small plasma table using Linuxcnc. I have a mill that runs it as well. I am using fusion 360 and there is no post processor for Linuxcnc. Am I missing something? I thought that this was going to be the easiest part. The plasma table works and I have been cutting straight lines by jogging. It has no thc. Does anyone know of a post I can use? Keep in mind I can make the machine just fine but I suck with computers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2017 12:28 #92635 by andypugh
LinuxCNC used to be called EMC2. I think that you should be able to find an EMC2 post. Tormach should also work.

More
06 May 2017 00:02 #92722 by Mccartymachine1
I have tried every cutting post in fusion and every one that outputs gcode uses codes that Linux CNC does not understand. They have a milling post that works great with my mill but no plasma post. If I try to use the mill post fusion will not let me. For cutting my options are burny, hypotherm, omax,. And torchmate post processor. I did download sheetcam which has a post for Linuxcnc and got it cutting but the cam in sheetcam sucks badly compared to fusion.

More
08 May 2017 23:56 #92887 by andypugh
What codes do they use, and what do they mean? It is possible to define new G-codes in LinuxCNC.

More
09 May 2017 00:07 #92889 by Mccartymachine1
I will try again and check what the codes mean. I have no idea how to program those into Linux CNC. My other option is to write a post processor, but again no idea where to even start.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds