What new CAM to learn for writing postprocessors for robots and 5 axis milling

More
09 Jun 2018 22:28 #112093 by Marcodi
Hello,

I have an important choice to make. Up until now i have been working with solidcam ( past 4 years ). I know this program quite well.

Now i want to shift to the use of robots and i need to make a choice for a new cam program and postprocessor building as solidcam is not really the ideal program for this.

What would you guys suggest? I have been looking at Mastercam and than one of their 3rd party programs for robots or Sprutcam, they have a robot module in there.

If someone is proficient in any of these programs and is willing to provide me training in its working, i would be appreciating it very much. I have travelled before for training purposes ( learning how linuxCNC worked in Hungary, it was a very nice experience and we both still work together on projects )

Regards,
Stephane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2018 01:21 #112111 by andypugh
If your CAM can output 5-axis G-code (XYZ AB) in a tool-point-centred coordinate system then t shouldn't matter that the machine making the moves is a robot.

The robot kinematics can be done in LinuxCNC. (So the CAM software doesn't need to know).

So, perhaps you can stick with the software you know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds