fusion360 to Linuxcnc CAM problem - multiple tools - manual changing

More
08 Jan 2019 07:54 #123758 by gzcwnk
So I am trying to get Fusion 360 drawn piece to work on Linuxcnc and partially failing. The first run an adaptive clearing works fine. I then expect the spindle to wait for me to change the 3 flute roughing end mill to a ball nose for the second operation, this doesnt seem to occur. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

The one of interest is setup3. setup3 is my second go setup 2 didnt work either just a bigger piece which took too long.

What info do you need to help me? the f3d file? ngc file?

File Attachment:

File Name: body3-test-100mm.ngc
File Size:436 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 07:59 #123759 by snoozer77
Hi, You have both tools set to tool #1. Change your finishing tool to another number and you will be good to go. Cheers Matt
The following user(s) said Thank You: gzcwnk

More
08 Jan 2019 08:18 #123760 by gzcwnk
That's odd as I thought someone told me last time to make them all the same number. They were all #1 so I didnt change anything.

:(

I will try your suggestion that tomorrow night, too late now.

Look OK?

thanks
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2019 08:23 #123761 by Skullworks
Snoozer77 is correct, can't have all tools be #1 or T1

Also you will want to have your post processor insert a G64 P Q for each tool.

see v2.7 docs - G64

More
08 Jan 2019 08:30 #123762 by gzcwnk
"G64 P Q"

no indication where or how to do that.

More
08 Jan 2019 08:32 #123763 by gzcwnk
"Snoozer77 is correct, can't have all tools be #1 or T1"

No problems, no idea why they all have the same number. I tried to increment them and nothing happened so did it manually.

More
08 Jan 2019 08:47 #123764 by snoozer77
Will give you a quick run down if your unsure on how to change it (or for anyone else who isn't sure). While using cam workspace, click on Manage, And select "Tool Library". In the Libraries Field (left hand side), click on the document name you are working on. Your tools will be displayed. Right click and select "edit tool" on the tool you want to change number (2nd tool in list). Go to post processor tab and change the tool number in the top box to "2", the numbers under will change automatically. Click Ok, you will want to check your feeds and speeds, as you can choose to override the previous data or not. After you check your feeds and speeds, you are ready to re-post the G-code and start machining.Hopefully i havnt forgotten anything. Hope this helps. Cheers Matt
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2019 08:50 #123765 by snoozer77
Got the pics in the wrong order. The circles have numbers to follow in the pics. You mat already know this, but i thought it might help anyone who doesnt.

More
09 Jan 2019 06:58 #123814 by gzcwnk
Ok so this fixed the problem, I can now change the tool OK, and the second part runs, thanks.

However I have no control over the axis(es) so I cant zero the second tool's Z and since its shorter it just ran in mid air.

I cant seem to find anything that allows me to zero Z to allow for the different lengths of the tools, how is that done?

Googling suggests I run different processes as different files?

More
09 Jan 2019 07:54 #123817 by tommylight
Or you can use the tool table in Linunxcnc and set the Z offset there, for each tool separately.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds