5 axis post processor for INVENTOR - FUSION 360

More
02 Aug 2019 15:35 #141191 by Pro_El
I need 5 axis post for INVENTOR , there is one official post on Autodesk for Linuxcnc and inside is mention something like 5 axis simultaneous but i get error every time i want to build code '' Error: Invalid machine configuration in toolpath''. This post is working fine with 3 axis.
Did someone try this processor for 5 axis, or someone can check the file ( post processor) if it has capabilities to process 5 axis simultaneous.

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcnc.txt
File Size:46 KB
If i need to configure the post somehow your guide will be great help..

cam.autodesk.com/posts/post.php?name=linuxcnc
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
02 Aug 2019 22:22 #141236 by Pro_El
Thank you for this information, maybe this error is some type of bug.
Still it will be good to now if someone used this post for 5 axis simultaneous moving.
Thank you

More
03 Aug 2019 06:20 #141253 by Hakan
I have used it not for 5, but for 4 axis so I think I have come across most problems.

The post processor needs to be configured for your machine setup, how your axis are oriented.
There are five lines around line 193 that needs to be modified.

I would, a bit boring, say that the best is to search the autodesk forums for the general setup, there is plenty of info.
knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-36...r-5-axis-motion.html

The axis is one thing, the three first lines.,
TCP mode is the other thing you need to set. If you use a 5-axis kinematics you set
optimizeMachineAngles2(0); // TCP enabled
if you use trivkins with two independent axis you set that to "1" and then you start wonder why the
feed speed isn't right.

More
03 Aug 2019 06:30 #141255 by Pro_El
Hello Hakan,
Thank you so much for your replay, The link you send me for enable 4th and 5 axis i think is what i need. I will try to reconfigure post and give an answer here if everything is working. Thankss

More
04 Aug 2019 08:29 - 04 Aug 2019 08:30 #141316 by Pro_El
I found this post working only on Fusion 360 and generates 5-axis G-code with software enabled TCP capabilities

Thank you
Last edit: 04 Aug 2019 08:30 by Pro_El.

More
12 Aug 2019 19:58 #141995 by andypugh
I am not sure how helpful they are, but PocketNC sell their machine packaged with LinuxCNC and Fusion360, so presumably they have a working post.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds