Documents

More
19 Apr 2009 22:55 #124 by BigJohnT
Documents was created by BigJohnT
EMC has three types of documents.

Man Pages. These get updated with each release and are the programmers type of reference. Some are automagiclly generated and some are manually created.

PDF Manuals. These also get updated with each release. These are created from the base lyx files.

HTML These are the online documents and get updated almost as soon as a change is commited to the documents. These are generated from the base lyx files. These are the most current docs and include all the man pages.

All the documents are online for both the current version and the trunk version.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: JJBrew, Cpexnu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2016 20:30 #79338 by kagouraki
Replied by kagouraki on topic Documents
Hello,

i am trying to make a glade user tab in gmoccapy plasma to have the gcode reference and quick g code reference. Is it possible to have the html version of the documentation for offline? i tried to save the html pages i wanted but there is a mess with the links and the images, css etc. If there is a way to have them please let me know.

Giorgos

More
24 Aug 2016 23:06 #79384 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Documents
Yes, get a copy of the source and build a RIP and specify build documents in the configure line.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Instal..._the_source_with_git

JT

More
25 Aug 2016 17:02 - 25 Aug 2016 17:34 #79437 by kagouraki
Replied by kagouraki on topic Documents

Yes, get a copy of the source and build a RIP and specify build documents in the configure line.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Instal..._the_source_with_git

JT

What do you mean build a RIP? what is RIP?

EDIT:
I have downloaded the 2.7 linuxcnc from github as a zip. I extracted it and then i have gone to src directory and have executed these commands.
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-build-documentation=html
make
make install-menus
sudo make setuid

now where can i find the html files ?

EDIT2 :

Ok i found them . They are in the unziped folder from github in docs/html. thank you. It seems that you first must make and then they appeared. they wasnt there before.

Thank you
Last edit: 25 Aug 2016 17:34 by kagouraki.

Moderators: HansU
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds