linuxcnc.stat attributes - g5x_index

More
20 Jun 2016 05:16 #76298 by phillc54
There appears to be an error in this document.

Doc states:
g5x_index
(returns string) - currently active coordinate system, G54=0, G55=1 etc.

Should read:
g5x_index
(returns int) - currently active coordinate system, G54=1, G55=2 etc.

I get the same result result from both 2.7.4 and 2.8.0-pre1-1578-gb1fb19c

Cheers, Phill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2016 23:28 #76332 by BigJohnT
Thank you for the great report including a link this makes my job so much easier. I'll fix that in the morning.

JT

More
22 Sep 2018 22:28 #117883 by Klexur
The same issue appears to present on the older documentation too linklink

More
25 Sep 2018 19:20 #117968 by BigJohnT
I only update current documentation.

JT

More
25 Sep 2018 23:58 #117980 by Klexur
Ah, well whom can we contact to correct older documentation? Or is it possible to correct it myself?

More
27 Sep 2018 12:43 #118045 by andypugh
The older versions are no-longer distributed, so how would the corrections propagate?

More
29 Sep 2018 17:44 #118183 by Klexur
I realize the older versions may not be advertised but the files are still available for download/installation. Even my Probotix machine came with a PC and the Ubuntu 10.04 LinuxCNC 2.5 installed and I've been redesigning the AXIS interface to my liking which is how I came across this topic. I imagine I'm not the only one still using an older version but if mistakes like this are not seen as urgent then this topic here should suffice as notice of the error I guess.

More
21 Oct 2018 15:25 #119162 by BigJohnT

Ah, well whom can we contact to correct older documentation? Or is it possible to correct it myself?

Just looking at the buildbot.linuxcnc.org and I see the lucid docs are still being built... dunno if the on line documents are updated or now but what the heck I'll see if the fix gets built. In any case the installed documents will not be updated because there is no bug fix releases for older versions of LinuxCNC so they will still be wrong.

JT

More
21 Oct 2018 15:31 #119164 by BigJohnT

I realize the older versions may not be advertised but the files are still available for download/installation. Even my Probotix machine came with a PC and the Ubuntu 10.04 LinuxCNC 2.5 installed and I've been redesigning the AXIS interface to my liking which is how I came across this topic. I imagine I'm not the only one still using an older version but if mistakes like this are not seen as urgent then this topic here should suffice as notice of the error I guess.

LinuxCNC does not advertise, only Mach advertises.

I have Ubuntu 10.04 on 2 machines... however once an older release is no longer supported no more bug fix releases come out so fixing the documentation for something as old as 10.04 is a waste of my time as you could only get the update if you are using the buildbot version which seems to still being built.

The best way to change things is to join the team and do a PR and submit your change. Again I don't know enough about how a PR works with older versions.

JT

More
21 Oct 2018 17:04 #119168 by BigJohnT
I pushed the fix to 2.5 so you guys will have to tell me if it worked or not so I know to move on or push it to 2.6.

JT

Moderators: HansU
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds