Couple English PDF manuals missing for LinuxCNC 2.7

More
21 Dec 2018 04:25 #122675 by kentavv
Hi, the English language versions of the LinuxCNC_HAL_Manual and LinuxCNC_User_Manual manuals are missing at the following two links. One can find these in the 2.6 directory, but maybe there have been changes. The files have been missing for a while but the timestamps on the existing files do change, so they appear refreshed. The HTML versions are great, but it's nice to have a single file offline. Just wanted to report this in case it's an easy fix. Thank you

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/pdf/
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/pdf/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2018 22:46 #122933 by BigJohnT
Starting in 2.7 we have all the documentation in one PDF. This makes it possible to have links between anything and avoid duplication of material like we had in the past. The PDF and HTML documents should be the same.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: seuchato

More
27 Dec 2018 02:15 #122936 by kentavv
Thanks John. I think I understand. LinuxCNC_HAL_Manual and LinuxCNC_User_Manual were merged into the existing LinuxCNC_Developer_Manual, and the remaining files like the integrator guide are still independent. Is that right?

More
27 Dec 2018 13:14 #122953 by BigJohnT
Well no, the Developer Manual contains information for software developers only not for users or integrators. The HAL and Integrators manuals were combined with the User manual into one document. There is as I see a PDF of the MAN pages as well linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/pdf/ but for some reason it does not show up in the menu. The French translations were never merged into one document. And the Getting Started Guide is still a separate PDF so I assume you can download a smaller document before you install LinuxCNC.

JT

Moderators: HansU
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds