Remapping: Was: Stand Alone Interpe r ter

More
30 May 2019 11:57 #135378 by bevins

I used those commands because it was the only way I could get it to work in python. The problem was when I got into a few functions deep, it wouldn't respond to commands.

Did you try the canonical commands?

I used those commands because it was the only way I could get it to work in python. The problem was when I got into a few functions deep, I couldn't get it to respond to canon commands.

Granted, I may not have done it correctly.... whether that was causing it to ignore commands or not, I am not sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2019 12:01 #135379 by bevins
I tried mdi commands, that was the worst, had to check which mode it was in and make sure it was in the correct mode and I ran into issues with that as well.

IT was really difficult trying to interact with it because its not really documented that well, so I had to try and figure out how everything works. It was interesting but I learned alot...lol

More
30 May 2019 13:09 #135386 by andypugh

I used those commands because it was the only way I could get it to work in python. The problem was when I got into a few functions deep, I couldn't get it to respond to canon commands.

The function nesting depth in Python really shouldn't matter. Unless maybe the references to the the command channel were not being passed (ie the emccanon object was going out of scope)

More
30 May 2019 14:02 #135390 by bevins

The function nesting depth in Python really shouldn't matter. Unless maybe the references to the the command channel were not being passed (ie the emccanon object was going out of scope)

That's a definite possibility. I was trying all sorts of things to get it to work, scrambling a bit.

On another note, the queue in linux stat in axis, is that the readahead queue? Commands in the readahead buffer?

More
31 May 2019 12:26 #135459 by andypugh

On another note, the queue in linux stat in axis, is that the readahead queue? Commands in the readahead buffer?

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine it is the number of line segments in the queue.

More
09 Feb 2020 00:15 #156794 by Lcvette
Hey All,

This seems like a thread full of information along the lines of an issue i am having and not finding a solution for. i am using M6 remap for my atc and the atc in the new probe basic gui, but i,m having a strange issue.

when a program is loaded that has a tool used twice not in succession ie, T6 is called then T10 and then T6 again, i get an error saying the tool is not in the carousel but if the interpreter ran through the remap entirely it would have been returned to the carousel and should be found. this is a pretty frustrating issue as sometimes i use tools at different stages of a file such as a facemill to cut the surface to height and then some rough machining that reveals a larger flat area that i will use the facemill on again to leave a nice finish while avoid an island boss.

I am not sure where exactly the problem stems from considering the atc itself will work fine and tracks the tools flawlessly and everything is working great except this load program issue. it is forcing me to make separate posts to achieve using the same tool twice.

any help or ideas on what i could do to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Chris

More
15 Feb 2020 00:23 #157391 by andypugh
Sounds like a question for a new thread....

Is this with a random or nonrandom toolchanger?

I really should make a toolchanger, just so I have a bit more clue about them.

Moderators: HansU
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds