reCAPTCHA stole my focus and lost my entire post

More
01 May 2024 17:32 #299478 by hachi
This is a rant, because reCAPTCHA just basically threw out my entire post content.

I was writing my first post on this forum to ask some foundational questions about my setup. I had written a nice long post about my machine and my conclusions... checked the I'm not a robot box, and then went back up into the editor box to tweak a few things before I hit submit.

Did you know that when the "I'm not a robot" times out (I assume after 60s) it steals the focus of your cursor down to the reCAPTCHA box?

Did you also know that in browsers the backspace key means 'go back a page'?

Did you also also know that this forum has no warning that you're leaving a page without saving your data?

Yeah.... great first experience with this.

End Rant.

Now I'm going to go write my initial post again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2024 19:08 #299500 by tommylight

Did you know that when the "I'm not a robot" times out (I assume after 60s) it steals the focus of your cursor down to the reCAPTCHA box?

No

Did you also know that in browsers the backspace key means 'go back a page'?

Yes

Did you also also know that this forum has no warning that you're leaving a page without saving your data?

Yes
-
All this can be avoided by selecting and copying the written text before sending, i do this a lot as internet is iffy quite often here.

More
01 May 2024 20:02 #299507 by hachi
That wouldn't have helped here, I wasn't submitting the post... I was in the text box editing it when the focus was stolen and etc etc.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds