z axis reversed

More
10 May 2012 09:35 #19964 by volans
z axis reversed was created by volans
Can anyone help me? My hard disk decided to die ( I know, should have had a backup), so I have installed the latest version of linuxcnc, now jogging the z axis goes in the right direction, but when running a program it reverses, i.e. goes up instead of down & vice versa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2012 09:55 #19968 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:z axis reversed
Hi

In your .ini file try changing
[AXIS_2]
SCALE=
to the opposite sign it currently is
ie. if SCALE=400 change to SCALE=-400
This should reverse the commanded movement direction

regards

More
10 May 2012 11:39 #19971 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:z axis reversed
It's kinda impossible for jogging to go the right direction and the program to go the other unless your jogging with the wrong key on the keyboard or with an input that is connected up wrong... what method are you using to jog the Z axis?

John

More
10 May 2012 12:14 #19972 by volans
Replied by volans on topic Re:z axis reversed
I use the on screen jog ( + -). I must admit that I can't see why this happens, everything was ok before I re installed. I will try ArcEye's suggestion, just received my new spindle & vfd, so decided to put the drivers etc in a new box as the old one is a bit tight on space, so may not get round to it today.

More
24 Oct 2012 06:54 #25731 by jorgeota
Replied by jorgeota on topic Re:z axis reversed
volans wrote:

Can anyone help me? My hard disk decided to die ( I know, should have had a backup), so I have installed the latest version of linuxcnc, now jogging the z axis goes in the right direction, but when running a program it reverses, i.e. goes up instead of down & vice versa.

Hello, I'm using LinuxCNC 2.5.1 for simulating code for an old CNC machine, in this old machine Z+ means down and Z- means up,

I need to inverse the Z direction in the simulation so I dont have to change the code everytime.

I have read other posts were they say to change the SCALE to negative value in the .INI file.

I opened the .INI file and there are two SCALE values of which I replaced one value to negative, then the other and finally both of them but none of these worked.

Can anyone help.

Thank you before hand.

More
24 Oct 2012 12:14 #25743 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:z axis reversed
jorgeota wrote:

Hello, I'm using LinuxCNC 2.5.1 for simulating code for an old CNC machine, in this old machine Z+ means down and Z- means up,

Try changing the [DISPLAY]GEOMETRY to XY-Z
The following user(s) said Thank You: jorgeota

More
25 Oct 2012 17:38 #25790 by jorgeota
Replied by jorgeota on topic Re:z axis reversed
I went to the .INI file and could not find any line with the GEOMETRY value in the [DISPLAY] section so I added the line "GEOMETRY = XY-Z" and it worked!

Thank you!

More
03 Nov 2012 01:51 #26209 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Re:z axis reversed
Does this mean I could make any axis invert by doing this for instance GEOMETRY = -XY-Z. I need to invert the X and Z axis.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
03 Nov 2012 01:53 #26210 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:z axis reversed

Does this mean I could make any axis invert by doing this for instance GEOMETRY = -XY-Z. I need to invert the X and Z axis.

Do you want to invert the axis in the display, or make it move in the opposite direction?

The GEOMETRY option only changes the display. To reverse an axis, make the scale negative. Or on a stepper system invert the direction pin in the HAL.

More
03 Nov 2012 02:18 #26211 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Re:z axis reversed
Andy,
Will it be the OUTPUT_SCALE setting under each individual AXIS section?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds