problems running machine

More
28 Oct 2012 10:17 #25919 by rick027
having a problem running my machine, i'm using the china driver board with nema 23 motors, no home or limit switches yet. ok the problem im having is im trying to engrave 12 x12 piece, whats happening is that its cutting really tiny and in one spot. tried loading different programs and does the samething. does this have anything to with my microsetting or my stepper configs.This is driving me crazy and i cant seem to figure it out..lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2012 16:30 #25920 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic problems running machine
Sounds like you need to adjust your SCALE.
Make a move say 1" and measure the distance the machine actually moves.
Compare the two to determine what factor to adjust your SCALE.
If you are using Stepconf change the info you have there for micro stepping, pulley size, etc.
For example,
If your 1" move turns out to be say 1/4" and you have micro stepping set at 1 try micro stepping 4.

Rick G

More
28 Oct 2012 22:10 #25943 by rick027
Replied by rick027 on topic problems running machine
ok, so thats how you adjust the scaling is thru microstepping, ok my board is set to the lowest dip settings which is a 1/16" and on my stepconfig my setting is at 1, so i should change that to 16. is this correct......

More
29 Oct 2012 06:45 #25969 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic problems running machine

ok, so thats how you adjust the scaling is thru microstepping, ok my board is set to the lowest dip settings which is a 1/16" and on my stepconfig my setting is at 1, so i should change that to 16. is this correct......

It's quicker to try it than ask and wait for an answer.
It doesn't matter how you do it, as long as the machine travel is correct at the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rick027

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds