For 9 axis machine

More
08 Jan 2013 22:48 #28499 by Pradeep.Jadhav
Hi all,

I am new user of linuxcnc. I am building 9 axis cnc machine for jewellry purpose. I want to use pc with atom processor with 1.65GHZ processor with 10.04Ubuntu. I want to use mesanet Hardware 7I80D Ethernet FPGA anything I/O board with 7I66 Breakout Board. There is two spindle on machine which needs feedback to run machine with syncronizing machine feed with spindle speed. On all axis we are using digital AC servo motors. I need MPG pendent for all axis.Please guide us..

Regards

Pradeep

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2013 23:53 #28500 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic For 9 axis machine
The 7I80 is not supported under LinuxCNC yet so I would
probably use a 5I25 or 6I25 and 2x 7I76 or 7I76 + 7I78 for step/dir
or 2x 7I77 for analog servo interface.

More
08 Jan 2013 23:56 #28501 by awallin
Replied by awallin on topic For 9 axis machine
Some issues you might want to consider:

- what configuration of 9-axes are you planning on using? AFAIK linuxcnc is still best at controlling one "thing" (usually a cutter or a piece of stock in a machine tool) with the axes for the moving platform being XYZABCUVW where ABC are rotations around XYZ and UVW are secondary XYZ-axes. Maybe you could post a picture of your machine?

- some of the newer Atom motherboards come with a graphics chip with poor linux support. Motherboards that support i3/i5/i7 in ITX form, with better graphics support, are also available

- The Ethernet based mesa-card is very new and linuxcnc support is being developed for it. If you don't want to do pioneer work then choose a PCI/PCI-E or parallel-port based FPGA-card

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds