fireball V90

More
18 Feb 2013 10:31 #30241 by bioslogos
fireball V90 was created by bioslogos
I have a fireball V90 and I am running LInux CNC. In EMC2 I used the fireball V90 configuration file as made available on the probotix website and I am able to jog all three axes in the manual mode on EMC. All of them move as they should but when I run the EMC test design on the machine the machine cuts the letters such that they are overlapping each other. I have no idea why this is happening. It must be configuration problem because the same problem occured when I tried to cut one of my own designs. Are there any other software configurations that I needed to do other than the axis configs? What do I need to do with the HAL? There is a HAL file in the same directory with my V90 config. file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2013 16:42 #30257 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic fireball V90
Hello,

First off check your SCALE, that is if you make a 1" move does the machine actually move 1"?

The EMC2 screen is not really for milling and does not take into consideration the width of your cutting tool.
That is it shows the actual center line path the machine will travel, if the tool is wide enough it may overlap.

Rick G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds