Return to G54 after M30?

More
17 Apr 2013 22:25 #32842 by dbrija
I've noticed that in 2.5.2 after I run a program (using G55, call to G55 in the program), after the program is done, and I go to the DRO page, or doing anything in MDI, its all in G54, not G55 as it should be . Almost had a crash but I I'm always religious about hovering over pause and turning down the feedrates. Don't recall seeing this in 2.5.1

Is this expected after an M30? I also have a G53 G0 Z0 at the end of the program, but I don;t suspect that as I do that in teh program at every tool change (for now, my ATC build is progressing...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2013 22:47 #32843 by cradek
Replied by cradek on topic Return to G54 after M30?
The best place to find out about gcodes is the quickref: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode.html

Click on M2,M30
The following user(s) said Thank You: dbrija

More
18 Apr 2013 02:02 #32847 by dbrija
Replied by dbrija on topic Return to G54 after M30?

The best place to find out about gcodes is the quickref: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode.html

Click on M2,M30

Thanks. It does in fact return to G54. Mach3 does not behave like this (I'm a recent convert....), nor did the Cincinnati Milacron T10 I ran for 5 years. Just something I'll need to get used to....

More
18 Apr 2013 02:23 #32848 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Return to G54 after M30?
Every control system will behave different than others. I'd suggest reading the www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/common/User_Concepts.html

John

More
18 Apr 2013 07:17 #32860 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Return to G54 after M30?
I think that ending the program with a % rather than M2 / M30 may have fewer side-effects,

However, it it probably good practice to set all of the coordinate/offset/mode codes at the start of a program, just to make sure you are in the environment you expect.

More
18 Apr 2013 07:27 #32861 by dbrija
Replied by dbrija on topic Return to G54 after M30?

I think that ending the program with a % rather than M2 / M30 may have fewer side-effects,

However, it it probably good practice to set all of the coordinate/offset/mode codes at the start of a program, just to make sure you are in the environment you expect.

I agree 100%, and I always do exactly that (set offsets, etc...). In my particular case, I was running a part front and back, in G55, and I ran the front, and before running the back, I had to set a tool length (using the top of the part), but it was in G54, so nearly a crash as the tool was measured over an inch too short...

I will add an "Active CS" to my AXIS setup to watch this better....

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds