Linux CNC Remote Android app

More
27 Oct 2013 00:50 #40328 by kaufparkangucker
Hello,

I try to finde a app for my Android device to remote Linux CNC.
Is there something like this for Mach3: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cnczucchelli.mach3control

Greetings from germany
Rocco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2013 08:35 #40336 by andypugh

Is there something like this for Mach3: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cnczucchelli.mach3control

I have seen something (actually, probably at least two things). But I don't know how to find them or if they have been released.

More
27 Oct 2013 16:03 #40342 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Linux CNC Remote Android app
This is someone using their phone as a pendant
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/russian/forum...ad-possible?start=10

If your phone is rooted you can do whatever you would do from another computer, so VNC, linuxcncrsh, axis-remote, ssh would all work.

I used to do loads of stuff with my phone when I first rooted it, because I could :laugh:
I still back it up using rsync from a terminal connecting to my NAS

However after a while I went back to using it for email and phonecalls and used proper computers with proper keyboards for all that other stuff. Much easier.

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaufparkangucker

More
29 Oct 2013 21:17 #40389 by Blackwind
I use a vnc client called AndroidVNC, i you could find a suitable tablet you can throw your monitor and use the tablet as a touch screen...
i think this work very well. if the tablet is small (or a phone i use ssung i5500 very old), you can get into low resolution in an axis gui if you want to go full screen.
If you like i will post some pics of vnc trough a 7 inch tablet
Regards
rick

More
31 Oct 2013 15:08 #40438 by kaufparkangucker
I don't want to root my fone cause of loosing waranty.

But I realy want to see the pics from Blackwind. I am interested to see pics how to control the axis gui wit your mobile device.
I need it only for jogging to the start point. In my case it whould be fine if I have a app with arrow keys and with this both buttons for +z and -z. To control the jogging speed whould be very nice too.

More
08 Apr 2014 17:18 #45690 by allinone.zucchelli
greetings to all.
I am the developer of the application for Android Mach3 ... I saw this thread and I wanted to inform you that a few days ago I released on google play store an application that allows you to use your smartphone or Android tablet as a wifi pendant for LinuxCNC ...
The link to play store is this play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...orlinuxcnc.app&hl=en

More
09 Apr 2014 02:24 #45711 by newbynobi
Allinone,

As far as i see, you just controll the axis jog button, how to set velocities, how to touuch off an axis?
And all the other needed stuff, as selection o jog steps, jog vel mode, run, stop, pause, step .....

IMHO the app is far away from beeing finished.

All control can be done also through linuxcncrsh

Norbert

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds