strange homing behavior

More
06 Dec 2013 16:31 #41371 by JR1050
Im.working on a large 3 axis mill. When.attempting to home the beast, the z axis homes fine. The x and y run in the correct direction to.the home switch, hit it, zero.the dro, then return to their previous postions and the dro zero' s out and the machine thinks it is.at home. If I park the.machine on the home switches, power down and back.up, it will run.the homing sequence and stay in the correct home position. I have no home offset in the ini file and home is set to 0.0. , I.also.do.not have a postion file in.the ini. Any suggestions? I cpuld have missed something, its late.. Thanks.

JR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Dec 2013 20:50 #41375 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic strange homing behavior

I have no home offset in the ini file

I have never tried it, but perhaps this is the normal behaviour with no home-offset defined. The system knows which way to move to find home, but doesn't know what position home corresponds to, so ends up retaining the distance travelled to find the home switch as the home offset.

More
07 Dec 2013 01:24 #41384 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic strange homing behavior
Ill.try putting a small.offset in. The thing that doesnt add up.is the z axix homes fine ,regardless of where it was last parked. The machine does have resolvers. The other machines I did had encoders, but it shouldnt mattter. I seem to.ger the weird ones.....

More
07 Dec 2013 01:46 #41385 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic strange homing behavior
is the resolver for that axis working ?
or in correct phase

More
07 Dec 2013 02:02 #41386 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic strange homing behavior

The machine does have resolvers.

This isn't likely to be the cause, but I put this into Master a little while ago, and you probably want it if you are homing to index:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...6fa126d4ec591fe2b104

More
07 Dec 2013 02:59 #41387 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic strange homing behavior
Resolvers work and count, I can jog the machine anywhere. X&Y will hit the home switches and zero, but then move to where the machine was before start up, Z does not exhibit this behavior. Im a bit stumped. I have had just plain annoyances with errors from both hal and ini files where emc just doesnt like something and I have to delete and completely retype the line, then it worked. It is like there is an offset stored, but there is no offset. Linuxcnc could use a fixture offset table similar to the tool table. Thanks, we will get this...

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds