asm/msr.h and ac_nonexistent.h not found

More
22 Apr 2015 12:53 #57990 by chenaichenluo
hello everyone ,
when i run ./configure --enable -simulator of emc2.4.3, there are two fatal errors in config.log:

conftest.c:10: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory

conftest.c:11: fatal error: asm/msr.h: No such file or directory

can anyone help me out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2015 13:26 #57992 by ArcEye
Hi

If this is related to your previous posts, you are trying to build a simulator version of practically defunct version of linuxcnc, on a machine with an ARM7 processor, in order to run a real machine config on it.

It is just not going to work.

Might I suggest that instead of asking us how to get the wrong approach to work, you actually tell us what the end aim is and we can advise how best to achieve it.

regards

More
22 Apr 2015 14:46 - 23 Apr 2015 13:38 #57994 by ArcEye
To flesh it, to show I am not simply being negative.

A simulator, simulates the movements of a machine, in terms of axes at least.
You cannot run a configuration which has an IO card, servo amps, servos, PID tuning of those servos, encoders, home switches etc etc in a simulator.

The required inputs and output feedbacks are not present.

Linuxcnc does not support ARM.
That does not mean that with sufficient knowledge you cannot get it to run on ARM, you just won't get any support for it.

2.4.3 is now very old.
Besides any bugfixes and improvements you will be missing, there are also possible kernel specific assumptions in the code.

Starting somewhere in the 2.6.X kernels for instance, the includes were changed and the /asm /bits /gnu and /sys subdirs were moved out of the main /usr/include dir and into sub dirs within a dir named based upon the
kernel type eg /x86_amd64-linux-gnu on this machine

When this first happened, builds of linuxcnc failed all the time for being unable to find includes.

If you just want to simulate and test gcode, build a new version of Linuxcnc as a simulator, on a x86 based computer and it will be trivial.

EDIT: Or you could just install a package, I often forget about them
because I never use them B)

If you want to do something else, you will have to spell it out and we can tell you if it is possible and if so point you in the right direction.

regards
Last edit: 23 Apr 2015 13:38 by ArcEye.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds