camview and camview-emc will not start

More
12 Jul 2015 08:56 #60576 by sajurcaju
For example:
camview-emc
Running glut init
RTAPI: ERROR: could not open shared memory (errno-2)
Segmentation fault

camview does exactly the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2015 09:08 #60577 by sajurcaju
I should have added that I'm running Lucid 10.04 LTS.

Steve

More
12 Jul 2015 13:32 #60578 by ArcEye
Hi,

To be able to stand any chance of helping you we need to know exactly what you are doing and what the error messages are.

From a reboot, open a terminal and run linuxcnc from there.

Cut and paste the error output in the terminal and save it to a file in your config folder.

Run dmesg > dmesg.txt and save that in your config folder

Then zip your whole config folder and attach it to a post.

regards

More
12 Jul 2015 19:35 #60583 by sajurcaju
I am not using LinuxCNC with camview (yet). Camview by itself, from a terminal, does not work. I rebooted, tried camview in a terminal and saved the error message and dmesg as requested. I did not include the results from linuxcnc since my problem occurs without it. I have not yet set up Axis with a camera.

If I run camview-emc, I get the same error message.

This was working fine before. Then I made the mistake of accepting an upgrade of Ubuntu to 12, which resulted in no linuxcnc. I reinstalled 10.04 and now camview does not work. Earlier (post 59326) I had a problem with linuxcnc not running, and per ArcEye's advice I changed to libgl1-mesa-swx11, which worked very nicely. That was when I had camview and camview-emc working, so I tried the same change now, with no success on camview this time. Linuxcnc works either way, but this is a different computer than the ancient one I was using in post 59326. This is the same computer I had camview and camview-emc working on before.

Thanks,
Steve
Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2015 20:20 #60584 by ArcEye
I cannot assist much here, I'm afraid.

The error is regards a segfault in one of the linuxcnc libraries

[ 51.550415] camview[1616]: segfault at 8 ip 02d62794 sp bfa7c930 error 6 in liblinuxcnchal.so.0[2d5d000+8000]

Which tends to suggest it is tied into Linuxcnc, so you probably cannot run it by itself.

I have not used it for over a couple of years and now don't even have a backup of 10.04, let alone a machine running it.

Hopefully someone who is using it can assist more

regards

More
12 Jul 2015 20:34 #60585 by sajurcaju
Thanks much for looking at the details, and a small advance.

Steve

More
13 Jul 2015 01:42 #60595 by sajurcaju
I realize that I have a workaround. Took me long enough.

The computer that I will actually use the camera on lives in the shop. That's where I run LinuxCNC and will want to use the camera. I also have LinuxCNC on a laptop in my office, just for trying things like the camera out.

I took the camera out to the shop and camview-emc works fine out there. So I will acquaint Axis and the camera out there, and leave the laptop as a mystery.

Thanks again,
Steve

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds