Probing and automatic tool length measurements

More
21 Apr 2016 19:24 #73696 by cahlfors

Hi,
Sorry if my questions are stupid. :)

Martin,
your questions are anything but stupid. As a beginner as well, I spent many months trying to figure this out. The thread is targeted to users with some experience, rather than a step by step guide. Getting the two pieces of software to work together is anything but trivial (in my world anyway). May I suggest you start out by measuring your tools manually, with the dowel method for instance? Also, do some manual reading as Andy suggests above. After you have gained some experience, you will know where the different config files go (*.ini, *.hal, *.ui, *.py, *.ngc etc) and what they do (to some extent). That is when I hope this thread can help you speed up the process to get probing and automatic tool length measurement to work. I have tried to explain the modifications made to the config files and what they look like on my setup. The two pieces of software are downloaded from the links to Git. There is probably a nifty way to do it, using Git functionality, but I just copied and put things in the appropriate directories and made the modifications there, since I do not know better. :lol:
Good luck with the project!
/Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2018 06:52 #121043 by secretspy711
cahlfors, can you please tell me the make and model of that tool length sensor? I have been trying to find one with a wide surface like that, for use with a 3/4" face mill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds