developing GUI in MonoDevelop Stetic

More
14 Feb 2016 06:22 #70097 by fixer
Hello,

I want to develop another user interface for LCNC. I want to make something simple, to be used on small screens without touchscreen. It would use only external buttons to do everything, like move trough menus and different screens....

Can someone give me a push-start here. I need some instructions on how to connect to linuxcnc to read HAL pins and to send commands to it with Mono C#.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
14 Feb 2016 14:30 #70109 by comjon
fixer,

I am just now this weekend beginning a project with MonoDevelop to build an MTConnect Adapter for LinuxCNC. I am looking at the Python interface docs BigJohnT referenced with the hope I can work off Machinery Science's Rockhopper webserver to assist AtinA and others. Will keep an eye on your threads and help.where I can on specific questions.

Commander Jones

More
14 Feb 2016 17:54 #70125 by fixer
John,
I would really like to avoid Python and Glade, just my personal opinion, but I really don't like any of them. I did a lot of changes in Gmoccapy and features, and I just can't get used to it.

Jones,
Great! Where can I follow your work? I was thinking to make a small simple TCP server at linuxcnc side that sends out XML packets containing HAL pins values and receives commands. My GUI would then connect to that server. this gui could then run on the same computer, or could simply be on another one and leaving more processor time for realtime task... I must also look at rockhoppers web server, thanks for pointing that out.

More
16 Feb 2016 15:40 #70238 by comjon
fixer,

I plan to conduct some research first.

First, I plan to review the MTConnect Adapter lab posted by TechSolve: static1.squarespace.com/static/54011775e...uildingAnAdapter.pdf

The exercise should help prepare me for the task at hand.

Second will be to review what BigJohnT recommended, which is reviewing the Python API.

Once these are completed. I hope to synthesize and begin testing in MonoDevelop. Depending on how things proceed, I will post to GitHub.

More
23 Feb 2016 17:04 #70528 by andypugh

I want to develop another user interface for LCNC. I want to make something simple, to be used on small screens without touchscreen. It would use only external buttons to do everything, like move trough menus and different screens....

Can someone give me a push-start here. I need some instructions on how to connect to linuxcnc to read HAL pins and to send commands to it with Mono C#.

A GUI generally needs to do a bit more than read HAL pins, for example it needs to open G-code files.
An example of a small-screen + buttons GUI is here
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...c/usr_intf/emclcd.cc

I have no idea if that GUI works now, or ever worked. It is for a 4x20 LCD display with integrated buttons.

More
01 Mar 2016 15:38 #70864 by comjon
Fixer,

Check out the base Python TCP/IP adapter template on Github at Ros_bridge/MTConnect/mtconnect_Ros_bridge/scripts/SRC

with this code and the Hal Python file in the Rockhopper repository, I am guessing a mashup of these code files will result in a successful adapter.

Colin

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds