soft limits machine limits

More
06 Mar 2016 01:05 #71105 by clayton cramer
I am so confused! My Sherline just came back from the factory, tuned up and working again and a gCode program that used to work now complains about exceeding the joint1 limit. I see some limit parameters defined in the ini file, but I have not a clue what these are. It appears that these ser limits on how far each axis is allowed to move presumbbly in inches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2016 07:38 - 06 Mar 2016 07:43 #71108 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic soft limits machine limits
Take a look here...
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.6/html/config/ini_co...tml#sub:AXIS-section

MIN_LIMIT = -1000 - The minimum limit (soft limit) for axis motion, in machine units. When this limit is exceeded, the controller aborts axis motion.

MAX_LIMIT = 1000 - The maximum limit (soft limit) for axis motion, in machine units. When this limit is exceeded, the controller aborts axis motion.

You set the amount of travel for each axis with the MIN_LIMIT and the MAX_LIMIT, however if it just came back from the factory you would expect those settings to be correct. Are you sure you are "touching off" in a position that will allow the g code to run?
Check the actual travel of the axis and compare it to the settings in your file before making any changes.

Rick G
Last edit: 06 Mar 2016 07:43 by Rick G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds