Simodrive 611 -> LinuxCNC

More
09 May 2016 07:09 #74394 by emcPT
Hello,

I received a machine with a full (I think in working condition) Simodrive 611.
Those drives are huge (main motor drive is rated at 71Kw peak) and would be really a shame not to use them as they will certainly perform well.

I wonder if someone already did a retrofit with the same hardware that could share some information or at least some important information that was obtained from the experience.
Any hint would be appreciated.

I have photos here of the drives:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2x2WOxtQitRZWI1akFfQ0tWaDQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2016 16:09 #76265 by fixer
Replied by fixer on topic Simodrive 611 -> LinuxCNC
Those are 611A. Simple analog +-10V speed and one enable per axis is enough to drive them. Motors have tach feedback, and aditional encoders for NC. Good servos, but vey expensive when they fail.

More
19 Jun 2016 10:59 #76278 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Simodrive 611 -> LinuxCNC
I have a smaller version of the Simodrive 611 in my BP Discovery 308. When you figure it out please post what you did. That is the only machine in my shop not running LinuxCNC.

JT

More
09 Aug 2016 19:58 #78538 by emcPT
Replied by emcPT on topic Simodrive 611 -> LinuxCNC
Hello,

I am not the person that is working on this retrofit (that we just started) but today I know that we were able to enable the drives and to place a analog voltage on the drives and they all responded (X,Z,spindle, c axis). Im our case it is a lathe. I think that only the milling motor was not tested.

I can provide details if you ask what you want to know. Can you post a picture of your drives to see if the connections are similar?

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds