current line number, lookahead, single-step,...

More
12 Jul 2016 21:01 #77357 by fixer
I noticed, that when running a program, motion.program-line pin shows correct line number only on lines that do actual moves of machine. In paused or step mode, it shows as 0, same when in lines that don't move machine, like calculations and such.

The same goes for F and current offset number, motion pins show the last value that interpreter read, which is normally the last one programmed.

Is it possible to get indication of current program line number, current programmed feed and current programmed G functions to show "real" values?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 01:29 #77360 by cmorley
short answer - no.

For what ever reason the original designers never gave this capability.
The values reflect the interpreter and the interpreter races ahead.
to fix it would require a fair amount of effort and it seems no current dev is interested enough to take it on.
Yes it's annoying.

Chris M

More
13 Jul 2016 13:56 #77397 by andypugh
Actually... I find it really useful that motion.program-line shows zero when the machine is waiting for a tool change. It means that i can monitor that HAL pin remotely (on my Mac) and know when I need to pop out to the workshop to change tools.

For info, here is how to remotely monitor a HAL pin.

From a Mac, Linux machine or Windows box with X-windows:
ssh -Y andypugh@mill
halcmd loadusr halmeter -s pin motion.program-line

More
13 Jul 2016 15:58 #77404 by fixer
Andy, please, I bet you could find a more appropriate pin for your tool change notification than that. I believe we would all benefit if program line and feed would show correct values.

More
18 Jul 2016 14:23 #77595 by andypugh

Andy, please, I bet you could find a more appropriate pin for your tool change notification than that.

True, but watching the line-numbers tick over is good feedback that everything is still working, and if Iknow how many lines are in the program then I also know roughly how long to the end.

More
19 Jul 2016 07:44 #77629 by newbynobi

I noticed, that when running a program, motion.program-line pin shows correct line number only on lines that do actual moves of machine. In paused or step mode, it shows as 0, same when in lines that don't move machine, like calculations and such.

The same goes for F and current offset number, motion pins show the last value that interpreter read, which is normally the last one programmed.

Is it possible to get indication of current program line number, current programmed feed and current programmed G functions to show "real" values?

I agree, IMHO it is a bug, but I do not know how to solve that.

Norbert

More
25 Jul 2016 21:18 - 25 Jul 2016 21:22 #78017 by fixer
A bug to someone, a feature to someone else...

The most annoying is really that it always shows G54 offset, even if you are working in another one, and wrong programmed feed,
On the other side, it CORRECTLY shows current motion type, wich is totally useless....
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 21:22 by fixer.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds