realtime independent motor control with linuxcnc

More
24 Aug 2016 13:18 #79354 by tommylight

If you put a switch on the Z axis enable you can easily run the program as written with the Z axis safely out of the was. If your drive doesn't have an enable feature you can try switching off power to the dive or switching off one wire to each coil going to the Z axis motor.

NEVER cut the power to motors by disconnecting motor wires while the drive is powered, that WILL destroy the drive in most cases.
The rest is OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2016 17:10 #79363 by Badger
Tommylight -

Thanks for pointing out not to disconnect the motor in any way when the drive is energized. It occurred to me later but I forgot to correct the post. We want to keep all of the magic smoke inside the drive and not let it out.

More
24 Aug 2016 20:55 #79377 by tommylight
You are welcomed, always.

More
30 Aug 2016 14:50 #79722 by giantstone
Hi, Badger, I successfully produced dxf files for Gcodetools to create G-codes, thanks so much!

More
30 Aug 2016 14:54 #79723 by giantstone
out of curiosity, what does regex("G01 A","G00 A") exactly mean?
I tried to google it but I didn't find detailed information, I know A means A axis, G0 is rapid mode, G1 is linear move,
may be the code means to make A axis's feed rate the same as G0 and G1?

More
30 Aug 2016 20:30 #79750 by Badger
This one is a bit odd. In my case I use the A axis to rotate my tool, the rugbot, to keep it tangent to the direction of travel. I don't think you can set a maximum feed rate for the A axis separately from the other axis. So my feed rate is 960 millimeters per minute, and LCNC seems to handle rotation in degrees per minute, so that means that my A axis can only turn at 2.6 RPM. When it is actually moving along a segment it seems to ignore this fact and the A axis rotation will track the XY movement even in a wicked fast tight spiral, which is great. But at some points in the gcode generated by gcodetools I have A axis only moves such as turning a corner between straight lines, in which case LCNC uses the 960 degrees per minute rate associated with a G1 move. This is very slow and annoying. What regex("G01 A","G00 A") does is that when gcodetools is actually writing the gcode, it looks for all of those individual slow G01 moves and rewrites them as G00 moves where I have the maximum velocity for the A axis set for wicked fast. This greatly speeds up the process and makes me less cranky, sometimes.

More
30 Aug 2016 20:42 #79752 by andypugh
The interesting thing to google there is actually "regex". Fascinating and powerful. And baffling at times.
The filter that changes 2.7 configs to 2.8 is all done with regex.

LinuxCNC should use degrees per min for rotary-only moves. You do need a new F-command.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds