Kinematics problem

More
04 Aug 2016 11:16 #78349 by bodhi_94
Kinematics problem was created by bodhi_94
Hello,
I am working on 6 axis robot arm project & now in final stage.
My teaching method is jogging and record all position values then convert it to g-code manually and run it.
But i need to improve it with kinematics.. From where should i begin this?..Anyone can provide documentations about it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2016 17:38 #78392 by Cpk_Rbt
Replied by Cpk_Rbt on topic Kinematics problem
We are working on the same type of project and are also struggling with kinematics.

We started by copying the Puma560 files and modifying the D-H parameters in the .hal file to suit our robot arm. (genserkins)
Puma560 D-H parameter block:
Warning: Spoiler!

We have tried a number of methods to come up with the proper D-H parameters for our robot arm.
First, we tried to learn more about D-H parameters and what they correspond to, to better understand how to calculate them for our robot arm. We cross-referenced the Puma 560 CAD model with the defined D-H parameters, in an attempt to see where the numbers were coming from in relation to the robot.
We then tried to measure the CAD model of our robot to get the same dimensions to use as D-H parameters. I think we came close, but were still off by enough that the robot would veer off path and/or try to jump to huge joint angles that are impossible to reach (>10000 degrees)
We found this educational robot control package that includes a calculator for D-H parameters: www.tekkotsu.org/Kinematics.html
We put our measurements into the calculator and used the output as our genserkins D-H parameters. Again, the robot was close, but would veer off course and eventually try to jump to huge joint angles and fault for over speed.
Throughout this process, we have used RoboAnalyzer www.roboanalyzer.com/ and MRPT www.mrpt.org/ as visualizers of our D-H parameters.

If anyone can offer help with kinematics configurations, I think it could benefit multiple people, not only myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bodhi_94

More
11 Aug 2016 05:28 - 11 Aug 2016 05:31 #78595 by bodhi_94
Replied by bodhi_94 on topic Kinematics problem
Thanks for your reply.. Could you please contact me personally on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . We both are doing a same type project.,We can share our knowledge.
Last edit: 11 Aug 2016 05:31 by bodhi_94.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds