Invert Axis For Opposite Hand Parts

More
28 Aug 2016 22:26 #79625 by eFalegname
it's easy to say...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
29 Aug 2016 12:30 #79648 by cmorley

Just thinking out loud here,
What if .......a pyvcp button with the added python script that would get the values from gcode ( outer most values ), invert them adding "-" and then offseting all that for the values it got from gcode, so everything falls in place ????
I wonder...... but i do not have the time nor did i do actual programming in a long while.

I appreciate the brain storming...but I am looking for a professional solution not a workaround.
If i have to filter G code then i will not be happy.
Okuma had a Gcode that mirrored the machine which even made the spindle run opposite, the idea being you coded
either side of the spindle the same....you could switch tools and at the most needed to add the mirror gcode.

Chris M

More
29 Aug 2016 13:30 #79653 by tommylight
Chris, i that is all i came up in a jiffy, maybe during winter i will have time to have a go at it, but not for now.
Thank you for the input.

More
29 Aug 2016 19:52 #79689 by andypugh

I appreciate the brain storming...but I am looking for a professional solution not a workaround.

I don't know if this counts as either.
On a lathe I am pretty sure that you can use negative diameter numbers and tool-table offsets to make a back-side turret work.

More
30 Aug 2016 00:51 #79699 by cmorley
well that is interesting.
My comments might have seemed harsh...I didn't mean it that way.
I just mean I don't want a work around to stop advancement of linuxcnc like it sometimes does.
I will look into this my self when time permits.
Thanks for ideas!

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds