Auto tool length measurement problem since update

More
30 Aug 2016 08:15 #79709 by spangledboy
I've been using Gmoccapy with auto tool length measurement successfully for over a year, but now when I start my code, it moves to the tool change position, I press ok to continue, it moves directly above the tool length sensor and then halts, giving the following message:

Probe is already tripped when starting G38.2 or G38.3 move.

I just updated to v2.7.6 and I did alter the tool change position, but as far as I am aware that's all that has changed since the last time I successfully ran some g code.

I have looked at the probe using Hal meter and it seems to be working correctly - only shows as tripped when I trip it.

I did a few searches and found some references to a possible bug in an earlier release, but I'm not sure if this is related.

As always, any help most appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2016 10:42 #79714 by tommylight
Check to see if your probe input is inverted in hal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spangledboy

More
30 Aug 2016 17:48 #79732 by spangledboy
Thanks Tommy - that was exactly the problem - knowing that the message makes perfect sense!

Was there a recent change made in LinuxCNC regarding this? I'd forgotten that I had to negate the input from the sensor/probe to make them work.

More
30 Aug 2016 17:59 #79733 by tommylight
That is also dependent on the input used, as 1 or 2 of the inputs are normally inverted.
This is if you are using the paraport, of course.

More
30 Aug 2016 20:10 #79745 by spangledboy
Hmmm - I'm not sure I follow you - there's only one input for the touch probe.

I'm using a Mesa 7i77/5i25 with an op-amp circuit to reduce the current and voltage through the probe contacts - no parallel port nonsense in my machine!

Something must have changed in the update, as this has been working for the past 12 months with no changes to the HAL file.

More
30 Aug 2016 21:27 #79755 by spangledboy
OK, I take it all back - my config was fine, but in further investigating I spotted that I had the tool length sensor and the probe plugged into each others sockets.

This alone shouldn't have stopped the movement as the inputs from them are both negated, but I guess one of them wasn't plugged in correctly, causing the probe signal to be true and triggering the message.

Thanks for your help anyway - it pointed me in the right direction and made me look closer.

More
30 Aug 2016 21:44 #79757 by tommylight
Glad you got it sorted. and you are welcomed, always.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds