PathPilot to LinuxCNC, Possible?

More
09 Sep 2016 06:49 #80255 by Andyf97
I have a Tormach PCNC1100 and while Pathpilot certainly does what it is supposed too do more and more I am getting a bit frustrated with some of it's features.

I am also one for customizing my work, improving methods to make them more online with the ways I work.

So, I started to wonder, given Pathpilot and LinuxCNC are both running in Linux, Surely I should be able to load both onto the Pathpilot PC.

I am starting Pathpilot in a terminal, so I can always use the PC for other jobs, or run other applications.. So I must be able to also load LinuxCNC too.

But, like always there is a but.

I have a Mesa Controller card installed to drive the Mill and wonder if LinuxCNC can use it. Some configuraton data is written to he Mesa Card by Pathpilot to make it do its stuff but even this I suspect can be utilized by also LinuxCNC

Anyone tried to run both on one PC.

Cheers

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2016 06:55 #80256 by andypugh
PathPilot _is_ LinuxCNC.
Tormach have added their own GUI and a few special HAL component, but underneath it is all the same.

More
09 Sep 2016 08:24 #80257 by cncbasher
you can run both , however there are a few problems , i'd suggest just use a second hard drive , makes life so much easier
Mesa cards were designed for linuxcnc , although you will find the configs are different between PathPilot and Linuxcnc
see my tutorials and the other forum posts , and you'll see why .

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds