SIM PIN

More
27 Sep 2016 18:50 #81013 by Larry
SIM PIN was created by Larry
I am currently running the latest 2.7.7 version of Linuxcnc. It looks like I survived a web update from the 2.6 series. I was prompted to do this because I want to try and use, “sim_pin”. From the AXIS GUI, I tried to implement SIM PIN from /machine/Show_Hal_Configuration/command line. I get an indication that SIM PIN is active. Still the SIM PIN window is not visible. So what do I need to do.

Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2016 23:05 #81062 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic SIM PIN
I don't know why the Show HAL command prompt didn't work, but it is generally easier to use a terminal.

open a terminal window and type "halcmd -kf" and that will give you an interactive HAL prompt connected into the already-running system.

try "loadusr sim_pin" from that command prompt. (or put the loadusr sim_pin" commands in your HAL file.

More
30 Sep 2016 03:41 #81098 by Larry
Replied by Larry on topic SIM PIN
Hi Andy:

This was my first post. In my exuberance to get up on the forum, I immediately checked to see if it posted. I didn't know that there was a delay for first time posters pending a review of their content so I immediately resent the post. As a consequence, there are two Sim Pin threads on this forum. Since the other one has more activity, and you are a moderator, please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks, Larry

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds