Max Jitter input for NewBeee

More
17 Nov 2016 14:38 #82899 by WhyMe1
Hi. Right now not I am NOT a happy camper with Linux/CNC ,been doing a-lot of reading and Youtube looking but more I get lost with the Max Jitter setting so CNC will start up .How do I fix/reset the setting for it to run right ???
Laptop Dell D620 1.6GHZ, 4GB memory HD 60GB
OS LinuxCNC 2.7 from live CD updated to 2.8 -- screen saver off and power saving off , no battery, running on AC - so its real time running
Thank You.
Rint file information:
RUN_IN_PLACE=no
LINUXCNC_DIR=
LINUXCNC_BIN_DIR=/usr/bin
LINUXCNC_TCL_DIR=/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc
LINUXCNC_SCRIPT_DIR=
LINUXCNC_RTLIB_DIR=/usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc
LINUXCNC_CONFIG_DIR=
LINUXCNC_LANG_DIR=/usr/share/linuxcnc/tcl/msgs
INIVAR=inivar
HALCMD=halcmd
LINUXCNC_EMCSH=/usr/bin/wish8.5
LINUXCNC - 2.7.8
Machine configuration directory is '/home/none/linuxcnc/configs/my-mill_test1'
Machine configuration file is 'my-mill_test1.ini'
INIFILE=/home/none/linuxcnc/configs/my-mill_test1/my-mill_test1.ini
PARAMETER_FILE=linuxcnc.var
TASK=milltask
HALUI=
DISPLAY=axis
Starting LinuxCNC...
Starting LinuxCNC server program: linuxcncsvr
Loading Real Time OS, RTAPI, and HAL_LIB modules
Starting LinuxCNC IO program: io
Found file(REL): ./my-mill_test1.hal
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Killing task linuxcncsvr, PID=4121
Removing HAL_LIB, RTAPI, and Real Time OS modules
Removing NML shared memory segments

Debug file information:
Error: could not insert module /usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc/hal_parport.ko: No such device
./my-mill_test1.hal:6: exit value: 1
./my-mill_test1.hal:6: insmod for hal_parport failed, returned -1
See the output of 'dmesg' for more information.
PID TTY
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2016 15:23 #82902 by andypugh

Error: could not insert module /usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc/hal_parport.ko: No such device

Your problem is nothing to do with max jitter at all.

The problem is that LinuxCNC can't find your parallel port.

However, your max jitter values do seem rather too high to be useful as things stand.

More
17 Nov 2016 17:38 #82909 by tommylight
Try using any of the "sim" configs, it should work, but you can not control machines with it.
You can use Linuxcnc and test the gcode with it.

More
17 Nov 2016 18:42 #82912 by WhyMe1
Replied by WhyMe1 on topic Max Jitter input for NewBeee
Thank You for the info . Question I have no parallel port on the Laptop D620 Dell so am I Shit out of luck to use this Dell to control a CNC Router with USB Arduino UNO Org and TB6600 driver for the stepper motor ?

More
17 Nov 2016 18:46 #82913 by andypugh

I have no parallel port on the Laptop D620 Dell so am I Shit out of luck to use this Dell to control a CNC Router with USB Arduino UNO Org and TB6600 driver for the stepper motor ?

Sadly, yes. LinuxCNC does not support _any_ USB interfaces for machine control.
Your only option with that PC would be the 7i76E

It is probably more cost-effective to buy a different PC with a parallel port, but the 7i76E does offer much faster step-generation than the parallel port, spindle control and a lot more IO.

More
17 Nov 2016 18:56 #82914 by tommylight
There are other software for using arduinos to control cnc, and there is a thread here on using Linuxcnc to control arduino to control the machine.
Arduinos are way to underpowered for anything complicated and limited as far as memory goes, so it needs a computer with software for drip feeding it the gcode.
It is nice for experimenting and learning, but for actually using a machine, find/borrow/buy a older desktop with a paraport. They can be had for anything over 30$.
Just search for GRBL.

More
17 Nov 2016 19:39 #82922 by WhyMe1
Wow LinuxCNC no support for USB - I did not know that, sounds like old school in a way . I am just starting out . Right now I have all the parts order to build a DIY OpenBuilds OX clone, table 18"x30" - spindle I will use a router 3.5amp - a control pin to turn relay on/off. Most of my work will be with wood as I go along for now .
I may need to rethink all of this --- maybe look into a someone selling a older mach 3 license, maybe cheeper and EZer instead of buying a old PC and a different controller board and finding out the older PC has issues , bad HD ,capacitor going south in the power supply and so on .

More
17 Nov 2016 20:48 #82927 by Todd Zuercher
It has less to do with being old, and more to do with being reliable. Unfortunately communication with a USB connected device can be delayed, by a large (relative to what Linuxcnc needs) and unpredictable amount of time. Some viable options for connecting machinery to Linuxcnc are, the lowly parallel port, PCI and PCIe adapter cards, and real time Ethernet. The parallel port is just one cheap and easy way to get reliable real time digital oi.

More
19 Nov 2016 23:43 #83011 by WhyMe1
I like to Thank everyone for all the info .Right now I am go to with Arduino UNO . I did find some other controller programs ,one was from engineeringforless.com ... After all I am a Newbee to all this so I need to start off low cost and build up from that point if all goes well .
I do Thank You All for Your Time on this .

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds