Problem with probing

More
19 Nov 2016 07:03 #82983 by ericg
Problem with probing was created by ericg
I am running v2.7.8
I am having a problem with using Autoleveller code, when I run the job with the probing code I get the message "probe is already tripped when starting 38.2 or 38.3"

I have been using the xhc-hb04 pendant successfully for a while now and everything was working fine, probe z worked as expected, (from the 7xCNC code) the Autoleveller code worked as expected.

The change has been a move to using a gecko g540 driver, I created a new .ini file etc with stepconf wizard first then put all the same pendant code in from the original setup, everything is working exactly the same except for the charge pump setup which is not yet active

originally the probe was directly connected to pin 13 through a BB now it goes via the g540 and everything including probe z still works the same, except for the above error message when I run the code from Autoleveller.

I have tried reversing pin 13 input state but that did not help.
I have tried to find other reports on this but I am not a programmer and most of what I read may as well be in chinese.

I can upload all of the files if required but I am assuming it will be something obvious that I have overlooked.

any help appreciated

Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2016 11:18 #82985 by pommen
Replied by pommen on topic Problem with probing
Hello Eric,

Stab in the dark here:

Are you using a actual probe, or a crocodile clip on the v-bit/end mill?

If crocodile clip is in action, how is the return path from the copper clad? Perhaps you got some unwilling isolation when switched to gecko? Tinker and measure a bit and i'm sure you'll find it.

You can check the state of the probe signal (along with much more, if you want) in the "watch tab" accessible from axis drop down menu (I think its called "hal show" in the menu but cant remember clearly)
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/hal/halshow.html#_watch_tab

/Peter

More
20 Nov 2016 01:42 #83015 by ericg
Replied by ericg on topic Problem with probing
Thanks for the suggestions,
I am using a simple crocodile clip with a piece of pcb board for the probing

i checked the wiring and I used the HAL configuration watch and watched motion.probe-input, probe, probe-in and everything is working as it should, I have gone over the .HAL and .INI files and cannot see an error, I am using (from 7xCNC) the o100 sub call which calls the 38.2 g code for the probe Z on the xhc-hb04, I can repeat the probe z many times without fail (i.e. repeated calls to the 38.2 code) but if I immediately run the Autoleveler code which also calls the 38.2 g code, it stops with that error message.

If I use the Linuxcnc touchoff button directly on Z, then everything works OK, but I really want to use the probe Z

Like I said everything was OK until I swapped to the G540, but I cannot see how that would cause the problem, all I did was rearrange the output pins to suit the G540 and the input pins remain the same

So at the moment, I'm lost and confused.

Eric

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds