Axis moving slowly but good in stepconf

More
02 Jan 2017 20:55 #85118 by rajsenthil
Hello, I am a newbie trying to configure the linuxcnc 2.7.8 for the TB6560 driver. The stepconf test run is working smooth and good but when I run using the Axis, the motor is running really slow and gives a grinding sound. I tried to read threads posted on this forum and try to figure it out but so far no success. With the current slow moving, the machine is not useful for any operation. Please find the attached configuration files including the ini and your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2017 21:16 #85121 by andypugh
I note that your default velocity is set to 2.5 in both [TRAJ] and [DISPLAY]. Is the problem just that you need to move the sliders up a bit?
The INI settings are described here: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-co...tml#_display_section

The big difference between the test in the config wizard and running inside Axis is whether the drive-enable pin is connected or not.

Now, you would expect that to just be a drive that doesn't turn on, but there is also the possibility of mis-wiring so that the drive is turned on and off at the step rate. Which can sort-of work, but badly.

More
02 Jan 2017 23:57 #85127 by rajsenthil
Thank You very much, I changed the velocity value to 20.00 and it works well now.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds