Difference between programmed path and actual travelling path- how to solve ?

More
24 Jan 2017 13:17 #86555 by viski
When i use G0 ,fast travelling speed , machine don't travel to the end of programmed path .
How to solve this problem ?

This can be danger to crash with tool into peace and damage maschine.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2017 14:23 #86560 by Todd Zuercher
Assuming you are using step motors you need to figure out why they are loosing steps and there are lots of possible reasons. Is it because of too high acceleration, too high max velocity, marginal step space timing settings, poor control signal (3.3v parallel port connected to a drive that needs a 5v signal), electrical noise, or other wiring problems.

More
24 Jan 2017 14:28 - 24 Jan 2017 14:29 #86561 by tommylight
Lower the velocity and acceleration in the ini file and test again.
Most probably that is all you have to do.
Edit:
Sorry Tod, i had it opened for a while so i did not notice your reply.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2017 14:29 by tommylight.

More
24 Jan 2017 17:52 #86576 by viski
They don't lose steps.
I had used TurboCNC and i hadn't had this problem with it.

I have changed cycle time =0,10. Better results but still not perfect.

More
24 Jan 2017 18:39 #86578 by tommylight
Are you sure you have the scaling right?

More
24 Jan 2017 20:51 #86581 by Todd Zuercher
If your scaling is right for lower speed moves but your coming up short on rapids, That is the definition of loosing steps. (and seemed to be what you were implying from your original post.)
Steps can be lost in other places besides between the motor and step driver. The motor might not be missing any of the steps it is commanded to by the driver, but perhaps the driver isn't getting all of the steps that Linuxcnc is commanding. The most likely causes of this are either step space or step hold time is too short, or a wiring/port voltage problem causing marginal signal quality (slow steps get through but fast ones don't always make it because of voltage rise times).

One thing to remember steps are not on/off for equal times for any given velocity. They are turned on for the step hold time then off for the remainder of time. Therefore unless you need really fast steps there is no advantage to specifying a very short step hold time.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds